Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mary Did You Know II



This is another version of the Mary and Jesus theme I revisited next.  About this time in my painting, I had transitioned from the stained glass look with dark lines and start trying more with this type of style.  This new method felt much more free and fluid, but still looks like light is coming through a window.  I liked the result and tried some more like this.  
I spread the paint on layers at a time with palate knives.  It takes a long time, because the bottom layers need to be dry before each layer goes on top.    This is called Mary did you know II.  I kept working at this theme and have another one that is very similar to post soon.  Maybe tomorrow.


Mary Did You Know II
by Cheryl Harris White
Acrylic on Canvas 24" x 36"
$300.00

No comments:

Post a Comment