Saturday, May 21, 2011

Confetti Forests

Confetti Forest I
by Cheryl Harris White
11" x 13"
Acrylic on Canvas

Don't these 2 paintings just feel like the trees are having a party?... The leaves look like confetti on the forest floor and balloons floating toward the sky.  


While I was painting these I asked myself the question, "If the forest trees were to throw a party, what might they be trying to celebrate?"
                                                                                


Confetti Forest II
by Cheryl Harris White
11" x 13"
Acrylic on Canvas




I thought of Isaiah 55:8 - 13 . . .


8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 12 You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. 13 Instead of the thorn bush will grow the juniper, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD’s renown, for an everlasting sign, that will endure forever.”


No comments:

Post a Comment