Monday, March 10, 2014

Art Is My Passion

True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist.  --Albert Einstein

I loved putting this quote on this page because when I created this background, I was just playing with liquid acrylic paints and inks and nothing was intentional.  The drops of color are actually from drops of rubbing alcohol that bled through from the next page.  I was in a zone, creating as many backgrounds as fast as possible.  I found this image of a girl exercising and painted over her.  I chose her for her PASSION. She seems so intentional and focused. So when the pages dried, I added my focused, intentional, disciplined, passionate girl onto this happy accident of a page.
Art Is My Passion Journal Page
by Cheryl Harris White
Mixed Media

No comments:

Post a Comment