Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Art At The Speed of Life Lesson 6

This one turned out quite a bit different than the example in Lesson 6 of Creating Art At the Speed of Life by Pam Carriker.  In the book, it is a much more abstract design that is created by the pattern of paint under saran wrap.  My attempts just seemed to naturally become the edge of a forest with light just beyond.  I have noticed a theme in my forest paintings lately, and that is that in almost all of them, I paint from the perspective of being deep inside the forest and coming out of it, toward light.  How similar this is to my own life as well... and refreshing.  To complete this lesson, I used heavy water color paper, diluted acrylic paint, slow drying gel, permanent ink pens, white gel pen, saran wrap and salt.  The patterns of paint were created first and the outlining was done after it dried around the natural shapes it created.

Dark and Deep
Art Journal Page
by Cheryl Harris White
Mixed Media

No comments:

Post a Comment