Sunday, May 11, 2014

Paint On My Walls new blog header


I have been experimenting with a lot more collage elements in my work lately.  So, I thought this would be a fitting new header for my blog.  Most of the letters are made of actual photos of my paintings, and the tree trunks and grass are from paper scraps.  The trees are done with layers of ink and acrylic paint applied with a sea sponge.  I love taking old photos or paper scraps that would have normally been thrown away and using that as a foundation in art work.  It just seems to be a great way to make something beautiful even more meaningful and adds story behind the work.  
New blog header for Paint On My Walls!
Mother's Day 2014
I have tried several different mixed media adhesives so far and the one I like the best is Aleene's Matt decoupage.  It is much less sticky than regular mixed media adhesive and easier to manage.  When it is dry it creates a good surface to add more layers of paint or ink on top.

Also; I am getting ready for an art festival next weekend.  Chalk This Way takes place at Lewisville City Call and MCL Grand area, 100 North Charles, Lewisville, TX 75057.  To find my booth, just look for the Paint On My Walls sign above.


No comments:

Post a Comment