Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bloom Like a Rose

Long-Suffering
by Cheryl Harris White
Acrylic Collage 
on Canvas
8" x 10"

Bloom Like a Rose
by Cheryl Harris White
Acrylic Collage 
on Canvas
5" x 7"
SOLD







Here are two more crosses I just completed.  I call the left one, Long -Suffering because it was one I started and then didn't finish until much later after a lot of time and struggling and "do overs".  Some pieces are just like that. When I look at it, I'm just glad it is finished.


The one on the right is called Bloom Like A Rose. I did the whole thing in about 30 minutes and it just seemed to almost come together by itself.  It almost felt alive and I just had to watch it grow. When I look at this one, I feel happy.  


If I had to choose one painting to be like, I'd choose to bloom like a rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment