Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Painting Lovely As A Tree


This is another example of dried paint on canvas.  I used cool colors for the trunk and warm for the branches and falling leaves.  I call it "Fire Tree".   I loved the result and I just love trees, don't you?  This painting reminds me of a poem I learned once by Joyce Kilmer.  


TREES

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray,
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair
Upon whose blossom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems were made by fools like me
But only God can make a tree.
by  Joyce Kilmer




Fire Tree
Acrylic Collage on Canvas
by Cheryl Harris White
16" x 16"





No comments:

Post a Comment