Saturday, February 19, 2011

Water to Wine for Duke

Water To Wine For Duke
by Cheryl White
Acrylic on Canvas 24" x 48"
Not Available
This is another Water to Wine painting.  I did this  for Duke,  my awesome husband for an anniversary gift. I celebrate him and the life we have built together. 


Duke and I met at Texas Tech University and started dating after we both went on a couple summer mission projects together with Campus Crusade for Christ.  


What I first liked about Duke, was that he was a quiet leader and his heart for prayer.  He brings a dependable, consistent stability to everything he attempts to do and consistently works at the small things to create something lasting and solid.  If Duke looks at a tough problem or situation and decides a solution will work, it almost always does. 


I am not that way at all.  I'm intuitive, sensing and creative.  He is the perfect balance to to my artistic side, and I am so thankful for him after 20 years of marriage. 


That is what this painting is about and it is something to celebrate!

2 comments: