Friday, April 15, 2011

An Artist's List of One Thousand Gifts





One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp is a wonderful book, I highly recommend. It's about loss and thankfulness and it is absolutely beautiful.  It has challenged me to create my own list of 1000 gifts


I'm just getting started with my list, but I plan on dedicating at least one blog entry per week to my gift list.  The whole list will be on the 1000 Gifts page.  


Friday 4/15/11
  1. Paint On My Walls
  2. My Creator
  3. His Creation
  4. Colors dancing on my canvas
  5. The PIT that taught me
  6. The love that bought me
  7. The hand that lead me into light
  8. Sunlight piercing stained glass window
  9. Eyes that listen
  10. Colors that speak 
  11. "Made In His Image" flowing through me
  12. Dripping love off the brush
  13. Parable Paint
  14. Finished Pictures
  15. Stories in Paint
  16. Following Friends
  17. Freckled Faces
  18. Smiling Braces
  19. Small Hands
  20. Big Hearts

    3 comments:

    1. Wow. My 1,000 Gifts list isn't nearly as poetic as yours! Thanks for sharing, Cheryl.

      ReplyDelete
    2. @ Joye, I'm sure it is to Him... : ) right?

      ReplyDelete
    3. Joye took the words right out of mouth. I wrote you a long reply to this earlier today but it vanished before I got it sent. Lots of variety on my list. Little tiny things, Ahhhh ha moments, nature appreciation moments, people. All kinds of ways to express thankfulness. It is helping to think that more throughout the day too!

      ReplyDelete